To assist those families who are hoping to be able to qualify for a place for their child in a Church school we have a schools admission process and register .
Jo Riley now manages this and our stewards are kept busy on Sundays trying to ensure that all attendances are recorded appropriately.
So it is really important to ensure that your child/children are registered on our schools admission register.
If you are in our schools admission process and require your attendance recorded you will need to book in each Sunday with the church stewards.
NOTICE FOR ALL PARENTS ABOUT A CHANGE TO THE PROCESS FOR RECORDING CHILDREN’S CHURCH ATTENDANCE
From the 3rd September 2023 the process of registering weekly church attendance for families who wish this to be recorded for the purpose of school applications will change slightly.
Reason for change:
- Eventbriteare now starting to apply a fee to use their ticket service.
- Previously this has been free of charge.
- We have assessed the costs for us to continue using Eventbrite and feel that this will be unacceptable going forward.
- There will no longer be a requirement to pre-book attendance via Eventbrite for the 9.30am service
- Instead, you will simply give your child/children’s name/s each Sunday to the church stewards who will tick your attendance in on the weekly attendance paper register.
- If you are already regularly attending church, your name will be on the attendance register.
This register will be recorded by the stewards and a hard copy plus a photographed copy will be passed to the Attendance Record Keeper (currently Jo Riley).
This weekly attendance register will then be manually added to a Master Register of Attendance each week.
- If your child is attending either the 8:30am or 11:00am service you should continue to sign in as usual on the paper register you currently use.
This will continue to then be recorded on the Master Register of Attendance each Sunday.
- If you are a new family attending please add your details manually to the attendance register.
The Master Register of Attendance is already held in Excel format and separate from Eventbrite so moving away from this system will not affect any previous recorded attendance.
We collect your child’s full name, and date of birth for the purpose of recording attendance and school year.
We collect parents name/s and emails addresses for the purpose of communicating only church related information. This information is never shared outside of church.
Church schools have a very clear policy of attendance at church being their main criteria when considering applications. We do not set the criteria or have any influence over how this is managed by the schools.
Our part in this process is though to help you and to make sure we have a robust way to ensure we record your attendance. We will always do whatever we can to support you if your application is unsuccessful and you go to appeal.
Places for Church schools are over subscribed so it is important that you provide us with any additional information about your involvement in church that could help your application. This could be particularly helpful if you are being considered for one of the last available places and you have the same attendance as other applicants.
If you have a particular reason that may have impacted your attendance then you should provide a covering letter explaining why. However supporting evidence may be needed as well.
Here is the process for entry for places in September 2024:
If you have just started coming along to our church we are delighted that you have chosen us as your church and we welcome you. We look forward to getting to know you better and hope that you will feel able to get more involved with church life as time goes on.
Do get in touch if there is anything we can help you with or if you have any questions.