Anyone who lives in the parish of Mossley Hill, or who attends services regularly, or has a qualifying connection- i.e. parents married at the church , may apply for their child to be baptised. This is also known as Christening.
- To check as to whether you live in parish, log onto achurchnearyou.com , look under parish finder, then enter your postcode e.g. L18 8DB, and on clicking, it will show the church for the parish you live in highlighted in a red box.
In this example, it says Parish of Mossley Hill: St Matthew and St James.
- If you are eligible, the next step is to contact our Team Administrator, Kathryn Topping, by phone or email
0151 724 6391 email@example.com
- She will take relevant details and contact information and then forward this via email on to the Baptism Co-ordinator, Jeanette Hindley, at the church.
- Jeanette will then contact you by phone to discuss dates. You will be sent an introductory letter with her contact details, plus leaflets about baptism and godparents. Nearer the time of your allocated baptism date, you will be invited to attend a vestry meeting with the Team Rector, Rev Alan Kennedy.
- From January 2018, Services will take place on the 3rd Sunday of every other month at 30pm. The months that baptisms are performed in are: January, March, May, July, September and November. As there are limited places each scheduled month there is a possibility that you may not always get your preferred month/may have to wait for up to six months. The co-ordinator will discuss this with you when first contact is made.
- Following the baptism, families are then invited to attend the 10am JAM service on the 4th Sunday* of the baptism month at which the children will be welcomed and receive the baptism certificate, a book gift, and baptism candle.
*July welcome may be 1st Sunday in September- as it may clash with school summer holidays/family availability if held in July. This will be decided nearer time.